Turn your waste into garden gold!
Because America has a food waste problem.
Most American’s waste ends up in landfills, where it releases greenhouse gasses and contributes to global warming.
Are you ready to stop this harmful habit and do your part to contribute to the betterment of our environment?
With eco-friendly compost bins, not only will you help the environment, but your garden will benefit, too.
Remember, plants are like people. They need care, vitamins, and nutrients.
By composting, you can turn your kitchen and yard waste into nutrient-rich soil additives, which help your plants to flourish.
It’s never been easier to compost than it is nowadays.
If you still doubt us though, this fact might change your mind:
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, in 2018 Americans threw out the equivalent of 30 million acres worth of crops. This amounts to a pound of food per person per day.
Read on for our list of the best 2020 eco-friendly compost bins options and never let things go to waste again.
The Quick List
- Spin Bin Tumbling Composter — The New Favorite
- Recycled Plastic Compost Bin — Perfect Garden Accessory
- Double Cedar Composting Bin — Adds to Backyards Natural Beauty
- Worm Factory Vermicomposting Stackable Composting Bin — If You Are Ok With Having Worms as Roommates
- Brushed Stainless Steel .6 Gallon Compost Pail — If You Are Not Ok With Having Worms as Roommates
- Countertop Compost Bucket with Removable Liner — Small but Mighty
- BioPod Food Composter – Grub Composter — A Quick Fix
The 7 Best Eco-Friendly Compost Bin Options
We’ve been around the block — or garden in this case — a few times, but we’ve never seen something like Spin Bin tumbling compost bins.
The tumbling composter is the perfect eco-friendly option because it itself is recycled.
Here are the compost tumbler most important features:
- 60-gallon capacity — Ideal size for both garden and house use.
- Black color — This means the sunlight will help heat the compost.
- Sturdy — It has 1-inch thick, powder-coated steel legs, keeping the compost bin stable in all kinds of weather.
- 20 ventilation slots for good aeration —The slots also serve as drainage holes, so it’s easy to enrich the soil in your yard.
- 4 compost thermometer ports — For easy check up on your composting process.
- Easy assembly — All you need is a screwdriver.
- Good for gardening newbies — There are compost instructions found in each lid, in case you ever need some help.
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- 2-year warranty
For all of you homeowners lucky enough to have a garden, our recycled plastic bin is another one of our compost bins made of recycled materials.
It will help you turn your kitchen scraps and organic waste into a priceless soil amendment.
This is a perfect product for outdoor yard storage because it has adjustable air vents and a sliding bottom exit door.
Open the door at the bottom, and you can access your high-quality compost.
The most important feature: it’s bottomless.
This means your compost pile can settle straight into the soil. Moreover, it’s perfect for regenerating dead patches in your yard.
You can also use it to keep bulbs warm during the winter.
Keep in mind, it won’t be as effective on a deck or a paved area, since you won’t be able to pour straight onto the soil.
These compost bin characteristics are:
- 82 gallons
- Free shipping
- No assembly needed
- Removable top
- Adjustable air vents
This Cedar compost bin not only looks beautiful but with adjustable cedar slats, it’s highly useful as well.
This one is a year-round asset because it’s made of natural material. Cedar frames are weather-resistant, and the screening and hardware are galvanized.
This composter comes in 2 options:
- Single Bin Size — Holds about 27 cubic feet. This unit comes with 6 wooden slats.
- Double Bin Size — Holds about 51 cubic feet. This unit comes with 5 wooden slats.
This queen of composters is environmentally friendly.
It has a great capacity for recycling organic waste.
Feel free to experiment for the best compost. Try using grass clippings, kitchen waste, leaves, etc.
If you’re not sure which things can go into your compost bins, here is a list of 199 things you can compost.
Most importantly, don’t forget to keep your compost moist. If your neck of the woods is dry, try adding coir to your compost pile.
4. Worm Factory Vermicomposting Stackable Composting Bin — If You Are OK With Having Worms as Roommates
Worm composting is another great way to make compost outside of your kitchen.
In fact, experienced gardeners consider worm composting, and using worm castings, as one of the best compost methods out there.
You can convert materials such as kitchen scraps, newspaper, junk mail, vegetables, fruits, eggshells, coffee grounds, paper, and cardboard into organic vermicompost for your yard and garden.
The worm compost bin features:
- Made from 60% recycled material
- Produces organic compost year-round
- Expandable with 3, 4, or 5 container trays
- Easy to Assemble
- Can house 8 to 12 thousand worms
- 5-year warranty
What makes people skip worm composting is usually the thought of odor that the finished compost can create.
This is not an ordinary worm composter. It comes equipped with a ventilation lid and odor-free operation.
However, for best results, add a worm supplement boost and compost conditioner.
5. Brushed Stainless Steel .6 Gallon Compost Pail — If You Are Not OK With Having Worms as Roommates
If you don’t want to use a worm composting bin, then this one’s for you.
Next up on the list of best compost bins is a stainless steel compost bin.
We really meant it when we said it’s never been easier to turn your kitchen scraps into organic matter.
This compost bin features include:
- Home use — It’s not too cumbersome and can hold up to .6 gallons of organic waste. It can fit into the smallest kitchen or garden.
- Home improvement — With its brushed finish, it will match perfectly with any decor.
- Sturdy handles — Feel free to carry this stainless steel compost bin around your home.
- Dishwasher Safe — For effortless cleaning between compost loads
This 1-gallon compost bucket will be a great asset in making your home more eco-friendly.
With this bin around, you will never again have to waste food scraps.
Composting food scraps such as orange peels, eggshells, strawberry tops, and more has never been easier.
What’s special about this composter is that it is actually two buckets in one. Once your composting pile is ready to use, just lift out the inner pail.
Don’t worry, you won’t make a mess in your home because the handles make it easy to remove.
Countertop Compost Compost Bucket features include:
- Rubber sealed lid — Feel free to keep the bin right on the kitchen counter. There will be no unpleasant odors.
- Dishwasher safe — Which makes this bin perfect for home use
- Choice of colors — Oatmeal or green
We’ve come to the last option of our eco-friendly composting bins for 2020.
Let’s see what makes BioPod Food composter so special that it’s included in this list.
With this bin, your composting will be lightning fast.
On average, it takes from four to six months for food scraps to be turned into compost. But this composter can make a compost pile in 48 hours.
It works by using juvenile Soldier Flies. They love damp food, and will quickly turn it into tea you can use for outdoor fertilization.
Adult grubs will be attracted to your composter and will lay eggs.
Each grub has about two weeks of labor in your compost bins before it becomes an adult.
If you come into contact, they won’t bite you, as they don’t even have mouthparts.
Don’t be afraid if some of them fly out. This is another great way of being green.
Not only will you use a natural composter, but these grubs are good for the environment.
They are a great source of food if you have a pet who loves grubs.
The Final Overview
Here is an overview of each of the compost bins, and their features.
Choose any of the compost bins that you want, we’re sure they’ll all work best for your needs.
|Weight||23 lbs||29 lbs||79.99 lbs||39.99||2.5 lbs||1.88 lbs||23 lbs|
|40x23x23 in||Can Vary||Can Vary||6×10.75” in||7.5″x10” in||26.5x|
Whichever of these bins you choose, you won’t make a mistake. And, just in case you get stuck with your composting, here are the 6 most common composting problems and solutions.
Featured image: needpix.com