Why Buy From Us?
We looked at all the different large reel lawn mowers available and chose to carry the Scotts Classic because we feel it is the best large reel mower in regard to price, performance, quality and features.
The Scotts has several features that set it apart from other reel mowers. It has a full 20 inch cutting width, giving it a cut as wide as a traditional gasoline powered lawnmower. It weighs just 30 pounds, which is very light for a mower of this size. Compare that to a walk behind gas mower that can weigh 80 to 100 pounds!
Check out our entire section of Push Push Reel Mowers or Electric Mowers!
The Scotts push lawn mower has a very high 3 inch maximum cutting height, making it ideal for people who like to keep their lawn very tall. (Most people keep their lawn between 1 and 2 inches.) The Scotts Classic mower is a good choice for tall grasses, like Tall Fescue. Cutting height for the Scotts Classic reel mower can be adjusted to a minimum of 1 inch for people who want to keep their lawn at an average height.
This manual mower has five blades, which is standard for push reel mowers, and the optimal amount of blades for ease of pushing and superior cutting.
Looking for the right push mower? Take a look at our Reel Mower Reviews: Lars's Quick Picks.
The Scotts reel mower also features a unique pair of small back wheels to help reduce drag and increase maneuverability. It has a one to two year sharpening interval, depending on usage. You'll typically be able to go at least two years with a new mower, and then sharpen every one to two years after that.
The sharpening kit contains an application brush, grinding compound, and back-lapping crank. The grinding compound is non-toxic, water based and has a value of 120 grit.
Check out the Mascot 21 inch 6 bladed reel mower it has the widest cutting path and will mow any grass type.
The mower body is fully assembled, and you only have to assemble and attach the handle. The handle comes in six pieces and only takes about 15 minutes to put together with an adjustable wrench.
- 20" cutting width means you'll get a cut as wide as a power mower.
- Height range 1" - 3" gives you the option of an extra tall maximum cut or average cut.
- Quick-snap height adjusters makes it easy for you to choose 9 different cutting height settings.
- Dual 6" rear tracking wheels mean that even though it is a larger mower, it is still easy to maneuver and push.
- 5-spider, 5-blade ball bearing reel provides the optimal number of blades for ease of use and superior cutting.
- 10 inch composite wheels with radial tread tires means long lasting wheels with good traction
- Heat treated blades provide a good cut and longevity.
- Welded reel hood protects shrubs and overhanging plants from the blades.
- Loop style handle with foam grip give you a comfortable and durable grip.
- 2 year warranty so you know it will last for years to come.
Things to keep in mind with any manual mower
1. Manual reel mowers don't cut tall weeds well (but they do great on grass!) . Because of the design, the reel will roll over tall weeds and dandelions without cutting much. So they aren't a good choice to mow a vacant lot, but they'll do superbly with a grass lawn.
2. If you don't mow weekly, it's going to be much harder to push. You know how a gas mower will bog down when you try to mow grass that hasn't been cut in weeks? Well, it's like that with a reel mower, except you're the motor.
Other items that go well with reel mowers:
Toro cordless string trimmer for edges and tall weeds.
Clauss 18489 Titanium Non-Stick Grass Shears for a lightweight, manual solution to spots a mower can't reach.
What Our Customers Are Saying:
"I also wanted to let you know that the Scotts Classic works great on Zoysia. I have been in contact with Lars prior to purchasing it and he was not sure how it would work on a patch of Zoysia we have. Our Zoysia is almost all green and growing now, and it works great."
Extra tall 3 inch maximum cut, extra wide 20 inch cutting width and still only 30 pounds. Includes sharpening kit and grasscatcher.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!