Push Reel Mower Reviews: Lars's Quick Picks
Not everyone wants to spend a lot of time digging and reading through all the information on our site to find the best push reel mower for their yard.
I've written a very detailed Push Reel Mower Buyer's Guide, if you want more information on how to select a reel mower.
If you're in a hurry, or you just trust me enough to go with what I think, consider one of these two reel mowers. These are my top two picks:
- Our best selling reel mower is the Brill Razorcut 38. It's the best choice for anyone in the northern half of the United States. The 17 pound weight makes it easy to lift, and easy to use! However, is a poor choice if you have a grass like Zoysia, St. Augustine or Bermuda, which is relatively common in the southern half of the USA. I detail why this is a poor choice in the Reel Mower Buyer's Guide, so check that out for more information.
- Choose the Mascot Six Bladed reel mower if you are in the southern half of the United States like me, and you want a mower that is heavy and plows through thick grasses. This is what I use on my own extremely thick St. Augustine lawn, and I haven't found any mower that deals with thick grass as easily. Also, it works great with Bermuda and Zoysia varieties. It's a heavy mower to pick up, but it's easy to push through the grass when you're mowing.
Other Reel Mower Quick Picks:
Cheap Push Reel Mowers
- Scotts Classic reel mower $139.99
- Prison reel mower $119.99
- Deluxe Light push reel mower package $159.99
Small Push Reel Mowers
- Brill Razorcut 33 13 inch (33 cm) cutting width
Large Push Reel Mowers
Tall Maximum Cut Push Reel Mowers
- Scotts Classic reel mower 3 inch maximum cut
- Fiskars Momentum push reel mower 4 inch maximum cut