Diatomaceous Earth Crawling Insect Killer is a natural mechanical insecticide that is an excellent alternative to toxic, chemical pesticides. It is made from the fossilized shells of tiny sea creatures called diatoms. It comes in the form of a chalky powder.
DE is a light dust and it easily clings to the bodies of insects as they walk and crawl over it. The tiny glass-like particles then cut the waxy coating of insects and they eventually dry out and die. Insects come in contact or ingest this powder and die within 48 hours. Insects cannot build up an immunity to Diatomaceous Earth.
For indoor use: lightly coat a thin layer in areas where Earwigs, Millipedes, Centipedes, Silverfish, Cockroaches and Ants are found or travel through. DiatomaceousEarth can be used behind and beneath refrigerators, cabinets, stoves, garbage cans, and in or around sewer and drain pipes.
For outdoor use: lightly coat a thin layer where Ants, Cockroaches, Earwigs and other insects are found. Areas such as patios, windows, door frames, foundations, along ant trails and outdoor pipes and drains.
Comes in a 2 pound bag, effective for treating 800 to 1000 square feet.
This treatment is not a chemical, so it does not break down or become less effective over time. You only need to reapply it when the weather washes away or blows away the diatomaceous earth. During spring and summer, when heavy rainstorms occur frequently and bugs are active, it's a good idea to treat your yard once a month or once every two months for maximum effectiveness.
This natural insect killer can be sown by hand, or applied using a spreader. To save time, you can mix DE with fertilizer or seed and do a single application over a broad area.
DE is pet safe and will not harm family members with weak immune systems or chemical sensitivity. It's a powerful non-toxic alternative to pesticides.
This product is safe for your pets and your family.
- The Environmental Health Coalition refers to Diatomaceous Earth as a safe home product on their fact sheet about safe household cleaners and indoor pest control.
- Professor Stuart B. Hill at McGill University in Canada describes Diatomaceous Earth as non-toxic, and feeling like talc when you touch it. He says that if you are going to apply large quantities, you should wear a face mask to avoid inhaling it. However, he mentions that inhaling common road dust is probably more harmful that inhaling Diatomaceous Earth.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!