Free priority mail shipping! The woodmans pal machete has been around for years and is favored among people who enjoys gardening, camping, trail blazing, surveying and the outdoors in general. If you or someone you know is an avid outdoorsman or outdoorswoman, this tool is sure to be a favorite. Many men love it because it has the power and strength of an axe but the control and stability of a machete. The blade of this machete is SAE1075 cold rolled spring steel that is hardened to Rockwall C47, which holds its sharp edge longer than a lower-carbon steel, but won't become brittle in cold weather like a harder steel. Even in sub-zero temperatures, the blade will not crack or become brittle. With a handle shaped from a single piece of wood, the axe is securely cemented and riveted to tang. Included in each order is one woodmans pal machete, a black canvas sheath with belt loop and a *sharpening stone. Both sides of the machete are sharpened for optimal use of cutting, chopping, hacking, slicing and bush whacking your way into or out of any situation with extreme ease. While one side is flat for chopping, the other side is hooked like a sickle, which allows you to get underneath roots or vines and rip them. Each machete is made by hand by skilled workers here in the USA. The woodman's pal machete features:
- The line of balance runs precisely from the grip through the sickle edge creating a natural momentum for efficient, accurate, and comfortable swinging motion.
- The safety toe extending one inch up the axe side of the tool reduces risk of deflective injuries.
- The long axe blade is convex sharpened for extreme strength and offers superior edge holding capabilities. The blade will cut wood up to 1 1/2" in diameter with a single stroke.
- The sickle hook is chisel sharp and allows you to slice through stubborn vines and briers while removing unwanted sprout growth at ground level.
- Even at temperatures below zero, the specially annealed, 1/8" thick, high carbon steel blade (hardened to Rockwell C47) will not crack or chip.
- Resin bonded fluorocarbon coating prevents corrosion. This axe/machete tool is extremely cool, but please use caution when using this as it is not a toy. *Sharpening stone size is 3 inches long x 7/8 wide.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed