- Urban Compost Tumbler Bin
Why Buy From Us?
Looking for a similar less expensive composter? Take a look at the Spin Bin compost tumbler .
Given enough time, all composters and methods work. Given enough oxygen that comes through keeping the compost well mixed and aerated, they simply work better and faster. The most efficient bacteria, called "aerobes", need oxygen to do their work. Without oxygen, they cannot survive and the anaerobes take over. An improper mix of bacteria can slow the decomposition process by up to 90 percent.
Not sure which composter is right for you? Check out Composter Reviews: Lars's Quick Picks.
This tumbling compost bin features a center aeration tube with a cross bar that assists in the break up and separation of compost as it is turned. This prevents the materials from turning into a ball and just sliding back and forth when tumbled. This composter is made of 100 percent recycled plastic, 55 percent post-consumer and 45 percent post-industrial. They are food grade and UV protected.
Compost Tumbler Features and Benefits:
- Ease to tumble and keep compost mixed up
- Patented aeration system for faster composting time
- Holds an impressive 9.5 cubic feet of material! This is approximately 71 gallons.
- Low maintenance, with no cranks and rollers to get clogged up and no metal parts to rust
- Pest proof, fully enclosed, off-the-ground compost bin
- Avoids odor problems by controlling moisture and aeration in excessively dry or rainy areas
- Provides insulation to aid heating of compost
- Compost Tumbler can be moved around the yard
- Assembed dimensions: Width: 32" Length: 34.5" Height: 42"
- Weight: 61 lbs.
- Stand Footprint: 34" x 34"
- Rotating area: 43"
- Easy mixing & turning of the compost materials
- 10 year manufacturer's warranty
It's important to keep your compost warm and slightly moist. This helps "good" bacteria do their job quickly. Try experimenting with a variety of ingredients such as grass clippings, leaves, and kitchen scraps. If you live in a very dry area, you can help keep moisture inside by adding coir to the compost mix. By using a good mix of dry and wet ingredients, you can accelerate the process of turning trimmings and kitchen scraps into healthy soil.
Special offer! Order two at once and get $25 off. Use coupon code TWOCOMPOST during online checkout to receive the special pricing.
If you're interested in a similar tumbler that weighs less, please check out the Spin Bin tumbling composter.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!