Why Buy From Us?
Need a guide to selecting the right push mower for you? Check out our Reel Mower Reviews: Lars's Quick Picks.
We looked at all the different larger reel lawn mowers on the market and chose to carry the Scotts Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower because we feel it is the best large reel mower in regard to performance, price, quality and features.
The Scotts Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower has several features that set it apart from other reel mowers. This reel mower has a full 20 inch cutting width. That's as wide as a traditional gasoline powered lawnmower! It is very light for a mower of this size, and weighs just 30 pounds. Compare that to a walk behind gas mower, which can weigh from 80 to 100 pounds!
The Scotts Classic mower is a good choice for tall grasses, like Tall Fescue. Cutting height for the Scotts Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower can be easily adjusted to a minimum of 1 inch for people who want to keep their lawn at an average height.
Not the reel mower you're looking for? See our entire section of Push Reel Lawn Mowers! The Scotts Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower has a very high 3 inch maximum cutting height, making it ideal for people who like to keep their lawn very tall. (Most people prefer a shorter lawn of 1 and 2 inches.)
This manual mower has five blades, which is standard for push reel mowers. This is the optimal amount of blades for ease of pushing and superior cutting.
The Scotts reel mower also features a unique pair of small back wheels to help reduce drag and increase maneuverability.
Depending on usage, it has a one to two year sharpening interval. You'll typically be able to go at least two years with a new mower. After that, just sharpen every one to two years.
Looking for a lightweight reel mower? Check out the Brill Razorcut 38 push reel mower, it's German Engineered and only weighs 17 lbs.
The mower body is fully assembled. You only have to assemble and attach the handle, which should only take 15 minutes. The handle comes in six pieces and easily put together with an adjustable wrench.
Scotts Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower Overview:
- 20 Inch Cutting Width: You'll get a cut as wide as a power mower.
- Height Range 1" - 3": This gives you the option of an extra tall maximum cut or average cut.
- Quick-snap Height Adjusters: Makes it easy for you to choose 9 different cutting height settings.
- Dual 6" Rear Tracking Wheels: Even though it is a larger mower, it is still easy to maneuver and push.
- 5-spider, 5-blade Ball Bearing Reel: Provides the optimal number of blades for ease of use and superior cutting.
- 10 Inch Composite Wheels with Radial Tread Tires: Long lasting wheels with good traction.
- Heat Treated Blades: Provide a good cut and longevity.
- Welded Reel Hood: Protects shrubs and overhanging plants from the blades.
- Loop Style Handle with Foam Grip: Gives you a comfortable and durable grip.
- 2 year warranty: So you know it will last for years to come.
Things to keep in mind with any manual reel mower:
1. Manual push reel mowers work great on grass. But, they don't cut tall weeds well. By design, the reel will roll over tall weeds and dandelions without cutting much. So they aren't a good choice to mow a vacant lot, but they're excellent with a grass lawn.
2. Mow weekly. If you don't mow weekly, it's going to be much harder to push. You know how a gas mower will bog down when you try to mow grass that hasn't been cut in weeks? Well, it's like that with a reel mower, except you're the motor.
What Our Customers Are Saying:
"I also wanted to let you know that the Scotts Classic works great on Zoysia. I have been in contact with Lars prior to purchasing it and he was not sure how it would work on a patch of Zoysia we have. Our Zoysia is almost all green and growing now, and it works great."
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!