These are live insects, and in order to increase survival rate during transit, they are required to be shipped Overnight. The cost of overnight shipping is included in the price. Please allow 5 to 8 business days before they actually ship because they may not ship on the order date due to availability and harvesting These 0.9 mm. mini-wasps are very popular and very effective Lepidopteran egg parasitoids. Lepidoptera (lep-ih-DOP-ter-rah) is the name of the order to which moths and butterflies belong. The eggs of over 150 species assigned as members of this order can be parasitized by the Trichogramma spp. Trichogramma brassicae are shipped as pre-parasitized, ready-to-emerge grain moth eggs (Sitotroga cerealella) adhered to a card which is perforated into 30 squares, is the product of choice when targeting the eggs of moths whose larvae are pests of cole crops. These parasitoids work by laying up to 300 eggs in the eggs of many Lepidopteran spp., killing these would-be harmful insects and creating more mini-wasps. Order contains 120k per (eggs/card). Mini-wasp Information:
- Some popular hosts of these mini-wasps include the eggs of: the Gypsy moth; codling moth (Cydia pomonella); diamondback moth (Plutella xylostella); Oriental fruit moth (Graphiolitha molesta); tomato pinworms (Keiferia lycopersicella); cabbage loopers (Trichoplusia ni); imported cabbage worms (Pieris rapae); tent caterpillars (Malacosoma spp.); and many, many more, even the grossly damaging tobacco/tomato hornworms (Manduca spp.).
- Life-span: roughly 7 days in their immature stages, then up to 10 days as adults (can create up to 30 generations per year)
- Optimum conditions: 70-85°F with a relative humidity of around 60%
- Cheap, easy and effective
- Usages: Greenhouses and interiorscapes have employed these wasps successfully. Mainly, however, these parasitoids are used in field and row crops, orchards and gardens.
- Be ware of ants as they love the eggs and can rob them from the squares
- Please note - there may be several days delay before these insects are shipped because it can take a few days to wrangle up the healthiest possible specimens. When they are shipped, they will be shipped overnight to minimize deaths in transit. The shipping label will show that they were sent as quickly as possible.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!