Each order comes with three boxes for a total of 150 bags!
Biobags for dog waste are the first and original biodegradable and compostable dog poop bag in the world!
Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags are only 0.91 mil thick and are a compact size, so you can carry some with you on dog walks. But, they are high quality bags that you'll feel okay using to pick up dog poop. The Biobag measures 11.5" high by 7.8" wide.
These eco-friendly dog poop bags are also perfect for cleaning up around the yard, or a small trash can. After you fill the bags, you can then actually throw them directly into your compost bin. They will compost along with the materials inside. The bag feels kind of like plastic, but it is really made from corn!
Being a responsible pet owner means picking up after your pet. In many communities, picking up after your dog is also the law. When you expose dog waste to microorganisms and the elements, it quickly decomposes and returns to the soil. But, if you place dog poop in a plastic bag, it takes up to 100 years to decompose and break down. Biobags for dog poop allows you clean up pet waste safely and effectively and return it where it belongs, the soil!
Biodegradable, organic waste makes up a large amount of the trash we send to the landfill. Biobag dog poop bags, along with the Biobag compost pail liner, can help you reduce the amount of waste sent to the landfill.
But what happens when you send BioBags to an anaerobic or "air-locked" landfill?
BioBags, as well as all biodegradable materials placed in these kinds of landfills, don't decompose very well. Wastes in these landfills are not exposed to the oxygen and microorganisms that help break down biodegradable substances including newspapers, yard waste and kitchen waste. In "open" or "turned" landfills, BioBags will break down at about the same rate as other similarly biodegradable materials that are found in these solid waste disposal areas.
If you hear of a product whose manufacturer claims that it will break down rapidly in an anaerobic landfill, you should be very suspicious. These kinds of landfills simply don't allow the rates of decomposition that open air landfills and compost piles allow. Remember, the best thing to do with biodegradable waste is to return it to the soil and avoid sending it to the landfill in the first place.
Biodegradable waste includes most food waste, yard waste, recyclable paper waste, and pet waste. These are the wastes that in an air-locked landfill can take years to break down. Fortunately, these are, also, easy and inexpensive wastes to recycle by composting. Be sure to research your city's options for disposing of biodegradable waste.
Although they're made from natural corn, Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags won't spoil on the shelf like food products. They are completely shelf stable, just like paper towels, toilet paper, and paper plates.
These composting bags have no chemical additives to speed up the decomposing process. The bags will biodegrade when they come into contact with the natural environment and microorganisms found in a compost pile.
More BioBag Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags Features:
- BioBag products meet the ASTM D6400 specification and are certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute.
- BioBag products meet California law SB 1749, which sets restrictions for biodegradable and compostable product claims.
- BioBags are DEN certified for restricted use of metals in the soy-based inks and dyes used.
- BioBags are certified GMO Free.
- BioBags are polyethylene free.
- BioBags unlike most plastic bags, allow heat and moisture to escape and evaporate. The breathability of Biobags reduces bacteria production in the bags, which can cause strong odors.
- Complete decomposition of the BioBags averages 10-45 days in a controlled composting environment. After bags decompose, they leave behind no harmful deposits.
- When placed in a compost bin or other suitable environment, BioBags decompose at rate comparable to other naturally biodegradable materials, such as fallen leaves, paper, and organic kitchen scraps.
If you prefer bags on a roll, check out our Roll of 200 Dog Poop Bags.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!