FREE standard ground shipping for this item in the 48 contiguous United States!
You don't have to struggle with a hard-to-start, noisy, polluting gasoline powered mower. With a manual reel lawnmower, you just push and it mows! It's so quiet that you can carry your phone while you're mowing and actually hear it ring. No engine trouble, no running out of gas, no disturbing your neighbors with noise. Mow your grass when you want to, because it will not disturb your neighbors.
We carry a full selection of reel mowers. So, don't miss our entire section of Push Push Reel Lawn Mowers.
Who would have guessed that a manual lawnmower could be so easy to use and look so cool? Here at Clean Air Gardening, we refer to the new design as "Retro-Futuristic." The Brill Razorcut 38 is the newest reel mower model from Brill, and it's our favorite. This precision designed machine is, in our opinion, the Mercedes of reel lawnmowers.
The Brill Razorcut 38 has the same great features of past Brill push mowers, with a sleeker new look and an improved, stiffer handle. The handle has a great design gives this model a more stylish and sleek look while allowing for easy maneuvering.
Scroll down to see the rest of the information about the push reel mower!
Brill Razorcut 38 Push Reel Lawn Mower Benefits:
- 5 Blades: The optimal number of blades for superior cutting and ease of pushing.
- Weight: Weighs only 17 pounds. Reel mower is light enough to hang on the garage wall or lift with one hand.
- 8 inch wheel diameter
- Silent cut design: The blade misses the bedknife by less than a millimeter. This reduces friction and allows the mower to cut the grass like scissors. The space also iengthens the blade life, which means you will not have to sharpen for a decade or more.
- Flame hardened, welded steel blades: Steel blades are harder than tempered alloy, which also helps increase blade life.
- Dry powder coat on metal components: Powder coated surfaces are more resistant to chipping, scratching, fading, and wearing than other finishes. Colors will stay bright and vibrant longer. Powder coating is also highly protective of the environment, because it contains no solvents.
- Sealed bearings: Sealed bearings require no extra maintenance.
- Warranty: Brill mowers feature a 2 year manufacturer's warranty.
The Silent Cut Design reduces wear and tear on the five blades. In this system, the reel blade and the bedknife don't come in contact. They actually remain separated by less than a millimeter and shear the grass like scissors. This clean cut also helps with healthier grass. Clean cuts do not mangle the stem or leave a jagged edge.
Cutting height ranges from 15mm to 45mm (0.7 inches to 1.8 inches). This lets you cut low enough for the golf course look, and high enough for an average length cut for a wide variety of grass types. (If you are looking for a tall cut, check out the Scotts Classic reel mower. The Scotts Classic has a with a 3 inch maximum cutting height.)
Mowing width is 38 cm (15.2 inches). Small enough to maneuver easily through the yard, but still about 75 percent as wide as the average 20 inch wide gas mower.
Mower is shipped fully assembled except for the handle. The handle comes in just three pieces and is very easy to assemble. No tools are required to put together and attach to the mower. You'll be mowing within minutes of receiving the reel mower. Takes about 10 minutes to get out of the box and into the yard.
Detailed information on the ball bearing system:
Brill reel mowers have a sealed bearing with a separate bearing race.
Types of grass where the Brill is NOT usually suitable
Brill mowers are lightweight, which makes them perfect for most types of grass. However, a few thicker grasses will typically pose problems for Brill mowers. If you have St Augustine grass, Zoysia, or Bermuda, then you should consider something heavier like the Scotts Classic reel mower instead, which does fine with those grasses.
Things to keep in mind with any manual reel mower:
1. Manual reel mowers are great for grass, not tall weeds. Because of the design, the reel will roll over tall weeds and dandelions without cutting much. So they aren't a good choice to mow a vacant overgrown lot. But they'll do superbly with a grass lawn.
2. Mow weekly. If you don't mow weekly, it will be much harder to push. You know how a gas mower will bog down when you try to mow grass that hasn't been cut in weeks? Well, it's like that with a reel mower, except you are the motor.
Not sure which reel mower you need? We've got you covered. Check out our suggestions in Reel Mower Reviews: Lars's Quick Picks.
Check out one family's review of the Brill Razorcut 38.
A light weight 17 pound German made push reel mower. Silent cut design means it is easy to push and goes up to a decade between sharpenings.
Why Buy From Us?
http://www.cleanairgardening.com/brill-razorcut-38-reel-mower.html The Brill Razorcut 38 Push Reel Lawnmower is a perfect push reel mower for your lawn. This video takes you through the many aspects and attributes of this push reel mower, shows it in action, and has an overall in depth look at different types of features for the lawnmower. The brill Razorcut 38 weighs only 17 pounds, features a silent cut design, cuts with 5 blades, the cutting height ranges from 15mm to 45mm (0.7 inches to 1.8 inches), and the cutting width is 38 cm (hence the razorcut "38" - this is also 15.2 inches). The Brill Razorcut has a sleek and well crafted strong handle and is durable. It may not be the best choice for St. Augustine, Bermuda, or Zoysia grass - so be sure to watch this demo as to why we explain why. For more information on this great reel mower, please visit the web address listed at the top of this product description. Thank you.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!