- Brill Razorcut 33 Push Reel Lawn Mower
Why Buy From Us?
Free shipping of the Brill Razorcut 33 Push Reel Lawn Mower in the 48 contiguous United States for a limited time only!
Looking for the right push mower? Take a look at our Reel Mower Reviews: Lars's Quick Picks.
You don't have to struggle with a hard-to-start, noisy, polluting gasoline powered mower. With a manual reel lawnmower, you just push and it mows! It's so quiet that you can carry your phone while you're mowing and actually hear it ring. No engine trouble, no running out of gas, and no disturbing your neighbors with noise. You can actually mow your lawn when you feel like it.
The Brill Razorcut 33 Push Reel Lawn Mower is the newest reel mower model from Brill, and it's one of our favorites. This precision designed machine is, in our opinion, the Mercedes of push reel lawnmowers. It has the same great features of past Brill push mowers, with a sleeker new look and an improved, stiffer handle. The handle has a great design giving this model a more stylish and sleek look while allowing for easy maneuvering.
Would you have guessed that a manual reel lawnmower could be so easy to use and look so cool? Here at Clean Air Gardening, we refer to the new design as "Retro-Futuristic."
Looking for a heavier reel mower? See our entire store section of Push Reel Lawn Mowers.
Brill Razorcut 33 Push Reel Lawn Mower Benefits:
- 5 Blades: The optimal number of blades for superior cutting and ease of pushing.
- Weighs only 15.2 pounds: Light enough to hang on the garage wall or pick up with one hand
- 8 inch diameter wheels
- Silent cut design: The blade misses the bedknife by less than a millimeter. This reduces friction and allows the mower to cut the grass like scissors. It also increases the blade life, which means you won't have to sharpen for a decade or more.
- Flame hardened, welded steel blades: Harder than tempered alloy, which also helps increase blade life.
- Dry powder coat on metal components: Powder coated surfaces are more resistant to chipping, scratching, fading, and wearing than other finishes. And colors stay bright and vibrant longer. Powder coating is also highly protective of the environment, because it contains no solvents.
- Sealed bearings: Sealed bearings require no extra maintenance.
- Warranty: Brill mowers feature a 2 year manufacturer's warranty.
Cutting height ranges from 15mm to 45mm (0.7 inches to 1.8 inches). This lets you cut low enough for the golf course look, and high enough for an average length cut for a wide variety of grass types. (Looking for a super tall cut? Take a look at the Scotts Classic push lawn reel mower, with a 3 inch maximum.)
Mowing width is 33 cm (about 13 inches). Still small and lightweight enough to maneuver easily through the yard, but about 65 percent as wide as the average 20 inch wide gas mower.
Mower is shipped fully assembled except for the handle. The handle comes in just three pieces and is very easy to assemble. No tools are required to put together and attach to the mower. You'll be mowing within minutes of receiving the reel mower. Takes about 10 minutes to get out of the box and into the yard.
Detailed information on the ball bearing system:
Brill reel mowers have a sealed bearing with a separate bearing race.
Types of grass where the Brill is NOT usually suitable:
Brill mowers are lightweight, which makes them perfect for most types of grass. However, a few thicker grasses will typically pose problems for Brill mowers. If you have St Augustine grass, Zoysia, or Bermuda, then you should consider something heavier like the Scotts Classic push reel lawn mower instead, which does fine with those grasses.
Things to keep in mind with any manual reel lawn mower:
1. Manual reel mowers are great for grass, not tall weeds. Because of the design, the reel will roll over tall weeds and dandelions without cutting much. So they aren't a good choice to mow a vacant overgrown lot. But they'll do superbly with a grass lawn.
2. Mow weekly. If you don't mow weekly, it will be much harder to push. You know how a gas mower will bog down when you try to mow grass that hasn't been cut in weeks? Well, it's like that with a reel mower, except you are the motor.
If you think a Brill mower is right for your lawn, but you'd like one a little bit wider, you should try our Brill Razorcut 38 push reel lawn mower. Check out one family's review of the Brill Razorcut 38.
A light weight 15 pound German made reel mower. Silent cut design means it is easy to push and goes up to a decade between sharpenings.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!